Thursday, January 26, 2012

Facebook Resume !




Generally, Facebook and a lot of other social media are considered to be strictly for communicating with friends and family. However, with the development of Internet and the advantage of so many social media, more and more businesses are becoming to focus on online services and work. It is very common to see that many companies use email, Twitter and Facebook to provide updates to prospective clients. For instance, girls may receive emails about new items or discount from Victoria’s Secret weekly or even daily; clients of a nutrition consulting company may get the latest news about nutrition technology from this company’s official Twitter or website.

Nowadays, we have the ability and access to many resources by Internet, and we can use our advantage to find a job or different opportunities in our field of study. In order to give other’s attention, you should “show off “ yourself at first, and Facebook gives us a stage to make our unique show. Recently, I made a business page on Facebook for ALES 204 class! In the blank named “Biograph”, I have my academic history (for introducing the process of my education), volunteer experience, skills (for showing my advantage) and contact information. By writing this information on Facebook, it’s easier for people who look for employees to evaluate the potentials, and very convenient for me to get more career chances in my field of study.  In plus, I also wrote something about my interests, and added my links to Twitter and Blog on my professional profile, so that my prospective boss may know me more about my life, character and working abilities. Employers may decide whether I am suitable for the job or not, depending on the information supported on my page. 

It is not very hard to make a business page; you just log in to your Facebook account, click “ Create a page” on the bottom of your homepage and edit your information (fill in blanks like doing a survey). 

It is ALES 204 that changes my idea on Facebook. I find that it is not only a simple chat tool, but also a space for us to gain more career opportunities. I want to learn something more about social media and communicating skills in this amazing course. Now, I am looking forward someone will have access to view my online resume, and I think my ALES classmate Brenda also wants her professional profile to be viewed. Let's go check out! ! ! ! 

Nian Liu Facebook page, Screen Shot.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Nian-Liu/310391189013075?sk=info

No comments:

Post a Comment